Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Sweet Gavin!







Well, I sure am a horrible blogger! It is not that I don't want to or have nothing to say. I just don't really have the time in my life right now .

I really don't have the time right now either since I need to go finish cleaning up from Gavin's birthday party. That's right - he is 1 now! Today is his birthday. Exactly, one year ago tonight, I was just meeting my precious little man. He was smaller than I thought he would be (7 lbs. 7 oz.) and has turned out to be sweeter than I ever thought possible. He is so patient and just goes with the flow. He is my little cuddler. My favorite thing is when I pick him up and he instantly puts his thumb in his mouth and then nuzzles his head into my neck. I could stare at his big blue eyes forever and never get tired of them.

I believe that Gavin has a very tender heart and seems to really be in tune to people. I see a sensitive spirit in him and I pray that God will mold it and use it as Gavin grows. I see a quiet strength in him and I want nothing more than to see him become a mighty man of God. I am so thankful for the gift of my second son and I am honored to be his mommy!

I will write more about him later, but I am a little too emotional right now. First birthdays really get me!!


Happy Birthday my "Little Buddy". I love you SO much!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Birthday! You're right, he has changed so much since he was born! What beautiful eyes! You and Brad are so blessed!

Momofgirls said...

Oh, my sweet little,blue-eyed,deep voiced, hand-slappin', favorite one year old!

Gavin James, you are such a blessing. Your sweet spirit and bright smile just melt my heart.

I hope you have the best year to come!

I love you oodles! Auntie

Jess said...

Hi Beckie! I wanted to let you know that I posted the pics from yesterday's trip to Nor Cal Elite on my blog. So feel free to copy it for yourself! I could also email it to you if you want. Just let me know. :) Gavin is SOOO adorable! Those eyes!! They are unbelievable!