Thursday, December 11, 2008

Awesome cleaning tip!

I just cleaned my microwave and thought I would share a great tip on how to clean it. The best part is that it is SUPER easy. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I learned it watching a cleaning show a while ago. I was so excited when I tried it out and it actually worked. If you know me at all, you know I love to clean; thus my obvious excitement about this topic!

You know how you get those little bits of food all over and can't scrub them off? It grosses me out! Here is what you do:
Fill a bowl with water and 4-5 fresh lemon slices.
Put it in the microwave and "cook" it for 5-6 minutes.
When it is finished, take the bowl out.
Just take a damp washcloth and wipe everything down.
The steam loosens all the food particles and the lemon deodorizes the microwave! It is awesome!

Here's to clean microwaves!!!

5 comments:

Anna said...

I love helpful cleaning tips! It was great to see you yesterday, hopefully we can do it again soon. :)

Juliette said...

I will definitely have to try that. I hate cleaning microwaves but I hate gross microwaves even more than that - so your tip will come in handy!!!

Momofgirls said...

a good blogger puts photos on with her tips...oh, I forgot, your microwave is NEVER dirty! J/K!!

I am glad you had time to post! Can't wait for the ones in the works!

Erica said...

That is my kind of cleaning. Easy, fast, and smells clean. I will definitely be trying that out.

Jess said...

Wow!! That's a great tip Beckie! Thanks so much for sharing! :) I will defintitely try that next time I clean the microwave! :)