Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update on Ben

After spending 14 hours in the ER, my sister and her husband will have to stay the night in the hospital with Ben. The doctors originally thought he may have an intestinal blockage. They were able to rule that out. After 3 spinal taps, they now think Ben may have spinal meningitis. They will not know for sure until the morning and if that is the diagnosis, they will then need to determine whether it is viral or bacterial. Apparently the bacterial form is much more serious. Ben has not eaten for 24 hours and has had a fever for that long also. They have been unable to get rid of the fever. He has been on an IV all day. My sister said he finally did settle down and wasn't completely hysterical but he was very unsettled and in obvious pain. I will post another update after I hear what they learn in the morning. I am asking God to miraculously touch my sweet nephew's little body tonight!

3 comments:

Candace said...

I am praying for the sweet little baby. And for your sister. That hurts my heart. I am praying hard.

KalynRebecca said...

Hey, I don't actually know you, but I'm in Emily's life group and I wanted to let you know we are praying.

Erica said...

That is so sad Beckie I will definitely pray for that little guy. How heart wrenching. I will pray he gets healed.