Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Please please pray

My sister, Susan, had a little boy named Benjamin 20 days after Gavin was born. I just recently got back from visiting my family in St. Louis and got to meet my newest nephew for the first time. He is adorable, sweet and a very happy baby.
Ben has been sick for the last 2 weeks and it has progressively gotten worse. He was rushed to the ER at the St. Louis Children's Hospital this morning. He hasn't eaten for 15 hours and is in intense pain. They are running a series of tests, x-rays and scans and still do not know what is wrong. They are speculating that it could be a serious problem with his intestines. He is only 3 1/2 months old. Please pray that the doctors will be able to diagnose him soon and ease his pain quickly. I have been so upset all morning just thinking about him and it kills me to think of him hurting. It probably hits me even harder because I look at Gavin and think about how I would feel if he were in pain. As mothers, we would take on anything we could for our little ones and it is our natural response to want to fix anything we could for them! We would rather endure the pain ourselves than to see them suffer. I will post an update as soon as I find out more information. Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

Juliette said...

I am praying Beckie! God give the doctors wisdom to see what is going on with Benjamin and what needs to happen to heal him. Comfort Susan and show your awesome love and provision in this situation!
Hang in there Beckie!

Anna said...

Beckie I will definitely pray too!!! Keep us posted on what happens and what the doctors find out.