Saturday, June 28, 2008

10 hours!!!!!

Here I was worried that I wouldn't have anything to blog about and I keep thinking of things! But, as I predicted, they are about my kids so far! :)

I just had to share some exciting news! Gavin, my 2 1/2 month-old son, slept 10 hours straight last night!!! I still can't believe it! I gave him his bath early last night and he fell asleep at 8:00. I figured he was not out for the night and would want to nurse again a few hours later. I ended up going to bed around 11:00 (which is pretty early for me!) and jolted awake at 5:30am, realizing that 1.)we had not been up in the night, 2.)Gavin hadn't made a peep, and 3.) amazingly - I had slept the ENTIRE time! I don't know how I slept because I had so much milk stored up that I think I lost 5-6 pounds after he nursed!!! Gavin never actually woke up until 6:00 and I was so happy to see his beautiful blue eyes! (I was also glad for the relief he provided my milk jugs that were about to explode!!)

I am very thankful for a great night of sleep. It is funny how babies help us to appreciate the things we took for granted. I feel like a new woman - now, what can I bake with Austin?? :)

4 comments:

Candace said...

Becky,

I'm so glad you are blogging! I'm having fun reading them so far! I love that feeling of realizing your baby has just slept for so long and how much it makes you really miss him! Plus the jug relief is also very good! Good job, Gavin! Way to get some rest and let your mommy get some too!

Anna said...

10 hours!!! I think that's a record! Praise the Lord!!! :)

Juliette said...

Yay for 10 hours! That's what Ruby is stuck at - I'm hoping that she'll increase it to 12 but that might just be wishful thinking. Has he done it again since? It was great seeing you at group today and just know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

sarah said...

Ahhh, yes! What a wonderful time! That much sleep is the best thing!!! I'm glad you are feeling refreshed :)